Advanced Certification in Inpatient Diabetes Care from The Joint Commission
St. Anthony's Hospital has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ for its inpatient diabetes care program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care. The Joint Commission's Advanced Certification for Inpatient Diabetes Care, developed in conjunction with the American Diabetes Association, provides standards related to:
- Staff education requirements,
- Written blood glucose monitoring protocols,
- Plans for the treatment of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia,
- Data collection of incidences of hypoglycemia,
- Patient education on self-management of diabetes, and
- An identified program champion or program champion team.